WHAT ARE COOKIES?
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DOES THIS WEBSITE USE?
Cookies are classified below according to a series of categories. However, it is necessary to bear in mind that the same cookie may be included in more than one category.
Types of cookies according to the entity that manages them
Depending on the entity that manages the equipment or domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, we can distinguish between:
- a) First-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- b) Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
In the event that the cookies are served from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself, but the information collected through these is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies if the third party uses them for its own purposes.
Types of cookies according to their purpose
- a) Technical cookies: are those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, including those that the editor uses to allow the management and operation of the website and enable its functions and services, such as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the purchase process of an order, manage payment, control fraud linked to the security of the service, make the application for registration or participation in an event, count visits for the purposes of billing licenses of the software with which the service (website, platform or application) works, use security elements during browsing, store content for the broadcasting of videos or sound, enable dynamic content (for example, animation of loading text or images) or share content through social networks.
- b) Preference or personalisation cookies: these are cookies that enable information to be remembered so that the user can access the service with certain characteristics that may differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as, for example, the language, the number of results to be displayed when the user performs a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser through which the user accesses the service or the region from which the user accesses the service, etc.
- c) Analysis or measurement cookies: these are cookies that allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of users of the websites to which they are linked, including the quantification of the impact of advertisements. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data of the users of the service.
Types of cookies according to the length of time they remain activated
Depending on the length of time they remain activated in the terminal equipment, we can distinguish:
- a) Session cookies: these are those designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
- b) Persistent cookies: these are those in which the data remain stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
They are therefore used:
– First-party cookies
– Third-party cookies
– Technical cookies
– Preference or personalisation cookies
– Session cookies
We have created the following table in relation to the cookies used in order to allow you as a user to understand the purposes and the use that will be made of the cookies used.
TABLE OF COOKIES USED
|Aim / purpose
|Type (own or third party)
|Expiration / Duration
WHO USES THE INFORMATION STORED IN COOKIES?
The information stored in the cookies on our website is used by us or by third parties indicated in the table of cookies used.
Third party cookies.
Functional cookies: These cookies enable better functionality and personalisation. They may be set by our company or by external providers whose services we have added to our pages.
When you enter our website for the first time, a window opens that allows you to accept all cookies or configure them (in the configuration you can accept or not some or reject all of them). If you wish to change your cookie settings or revoke consent you can do so by accessing the “Settings” link in the first layer notice.
You can also allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options you use on your terminal or device. The steps to do this are different for each browser. Please note that if you accept third-party cookies, you must delete them from the browser options or from the system offered by the third party itself.
Below are links to different browsers where you will find instructions on how to control the cookies that are stored on your computer depending on the browser you use.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
This website may be modified, and consequently, it may be necessary to modify this Cookies Policy, and it may also be necessary to change it due to modifications or legal requirements, so we advise users to consult it periodically.
In the event that the changes are significant, the new Cookies Policy will be communicated to users by means of a notice on this website.
DATA RETENTION PERIOD
The period for which personal data will be kept is indicated in the “expiry period” section of the Table of Cookies Used.
Version: August 2023